NEW Online League Manager

Would you like to try our new online version?

You can try it now. The actual service, not a trial. There is no time limit. 

The new online league manager website is always available. 

You only 'pay when you play'

For pricing details: http://www.golfsoftware.com/lm/pricing.html

Let us set you up before December 31st and we'll give you 50 free credits.

We'll even move your players into the new software if you can send us a backup.

GolfSoftware.com

I am currently trying the Online League Manager software.  Chuck Fain set me up last week and I am making progress in learning it.  I have one question about setting up to use different tees.  In the calculation parameters I have checked the 'Adjust handicaps ...' box.  There is a 'Base rating' value there that I must input.  I am using 2 tees with different ratings.  My front nine rating for the Front tees is 32.1 and the back nine rating is 31.0 .  The other tees, Middle tees, are 34.7 and 33.1 respectively.

The Base rating instructions state that I should input the LOWEST rated tee there.  That would be 31.0.  BUT, the recommended rating says I should use 32.1.  I put in the 32.1 and ran event #1 which was on the Front 9 and it seemed to work OK.  Then I changed events to #2 and it didn't seem to work, so I went back and input the 31.0 for the base rating and now event #2 seems to be OK.  But that really confuses me.  Here are my questions:

1.  What is that 'Base rating input value being used for?  If I have all the correct tees set up the software should be able to just subtract one rating from the other and make the proper adjustment, so I see no use for that value being input.

2. Then if it is necessary for that to be input, do I need to go back and change the handicap settings every week that I switch tees so I have the proper rating there?

If you can point me to a section of the help manual that explains that whole process I would appreciate it.  I haven't been able to find any details on it.

Thank you for your help!

Richard Tangeman  Green Meadows Administrator (#94751)

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the confusion. 

To answer your questions:

1. The Base rating value is used to adjust the handicaps for all the tees played by your league. We do recommend using 31 for your league. It will look different on the front course, but everyone's hcp will be adjusted the same way.

2. No, you do not need to go back & re-enter the Base rating every week. Your league's hcps will continue to be adjusted the same way, no matter which course you play.

This article explains further: http://golfsoftware.com/learn/handicap-adjustment-different-tees.html

Hope this helps,

GolfSoftware.com Support

Login or Signup to post a comment