We have a league policy of maximum of three strokes over par for a hole...after that, you get a "pickup" for the hole. Any way to allow for this in the points calculations? A pickup for a par 4 would be a "7P" or "P" rather then an 8 or above. Any way to allow for this in the points calculations? With this policy, a 7 would beat a 7P for points, but both players would have a 7 for handicap purposes.
The major problem with "pickups" is that you never have a true GROSS or NET score for a golfer that picks up the ball. To solve this problem...according to USGA rules a player should post what he "reasonable would have shot on the hole."
You can set the maximum strokes allowed for handicap purposes...
- Pull down the Setup menu and select "Handicap Calculation Parameters"
- On the "Handicap Parameters" form....click the "Stroke Control" tab.
- Mark option "Constant Max Strokes Allowed" and set 3 over as max.
- Players should follow USGA rules and post what he "reasonably would have shot".
- Players should play out the hole until one person wins the hole outright and score recorded accordingly. In otherwords, only pick up when the hole is lost.
- Enter a 9 for player that picked up..remember only a 8 will be used for handicaps...if par 4
- Enter cards as you now do...close card...points may not be right and must be manually adjusted.