For more information, you can view this VIDEO
The first five substitutes in the substitute list are the "GHOST SUBS". By default, each ghost sub is called "Ghost Sub", but you can name each ghost sub anything you wish. For example, you could name a blind draw ghost "Blind Draw", a ghost that shoots the leagues' average "League Average", a ghost that shoots the player's average "Player's Average" etc. Each Ghost may be customized for any situation your league encounters:
- Predefined Score – Ghost can shoot a set predefined score with a predefined handicap.
- Manual Draw – You can select any player's score/handicap to use as the ghost's score.
- Blind Draw – LM randomly selects a player's score/handicap to use as the ghost's score.
- Missing Partner – Ghost shoots the score/handicap of the partner that showed up.
- Player's average – Ghost shoots the missing player's average score and average handicap. Average can be based on any number of events or range of events.
- League's average – Ghost shoots the league's average score and average handicap. Average can be based on just the current events scores, or any number/range of past events. You can also select to include ALL golfers or just those in a particular flight(s) for inclusion in calculating the league average.
- Any value – To cover ANY "exception to the rule" you always have the option to type in a score and handicap for a ghost right on the scorecard.
Most leagues have only one type of ghost, but the option is there for up to five different kinds of ghosts. Once ghost parameters are set they should remain the same throughout the season!
NOTE: A ghost can substitute any number of times in an event.
To change the Ghost's name or how it distributes points, click on the GHOST SUB # player on your substitute list and click the Edit Player button at the bottom of your screen. The options for distributing points won by the ghost substitute are as follows:
- "Ghost wins points for... No points, Substituted Player, Substituted Team
If you want the ghost to win points for the substituted player, mark option for substituted player.
If you want the ghost to win points for the team, mark option for substituted team.
- "Ghost can only win a maximum of X points" If you have a maximum number of points the Ghost can win, type that here...otherwise if there is no maximum set it to 99 (Ghost can win any number of points).
- "Ghost's opponent wins at least X points". This option lets the ghost's opponent win at least X points.
Ghost's opponent wins a minimum of 4 points.
John Doe plays against the ghost and wins only 2 points. His points are adjusted to win 4 points.
John Doe plays against the ghost and wins 6 points. No adjustment needed.