To begin, make sure you are on event #1 in your League Manager Desktop Software.
You will find the Point Calculation Parameters by clicking on Setup menu.
STEP 1 - View Tab 2 Player Vs. Player:
Enter the "Points per hole" number to be awarded. The default is set to "1". For demonstration purposes we used "1".
- Enter the "Points per match (Medal Play "Best net')" in the middle circled box. We entered "02" for demonstration purposes.
- Notice the gray box at the bottom of the image; it totals 11 points
because this example plays on a 9-hole course and awards 1 point for the
winner of hole-by-hole play AND 2 points for the player who has the
best net score (9+2=11).
Step 2 - Make sure there are no other points on tabs 3 through 6.
Step 3 - View Tab 7 Other:
- Make sure your Type of Play radio button is set to play head to head.
- Click the Finish button to save your settings.
Step 4 - Setting the correct option in Handicap Calculation Parameters.
- Make sure you are viewing event #1.
- From the header menu, click on Setup then click Handicap Calculation Parameters.
- Click the OK check mark at the lower right corner of the first page of the Handicap Calculation Parameters window. This will advance you to the page displayed below.
- As shown in the image below, make sure your radio button is set to A. Player Vs. Player then click the Next button. This will advance you
to a new screen.
- Click the Next button again and click the Finished button to save this setting.
ADDENDUM: The Scorecard: for lowest net score on each hole AND lowest net score for the round
- We are tracking two components in this scenario: 1. Who wins each hole and 2. Who has the lowest net score.
- Part 1: The winner of the points per hole earns 1 point per hole for a total 9 points on a 9-hole course. Net ties are awarded 0.5 points.
- Joe won/tied 8 of 9 holes for a sum of 6 points. Robert won/tied 4 holes for a sum of 3 points.
- Part 2: The player with the lowest net score wins 02 points. This is reflected in the points column and shown as "medal" with points placed in either Team 1 or Team 2.
- Joe has a net score of 28; Robert has a net score of 35. Therefore Joe earns 2 points for "Best Net".
- Totaling both hole by hole AND best net, Joe is awarded 8 points for this match. Robert is awarded 3. (8+3=11)