To begin, make sure you are on event #1 in your League Manager Desktop Software.
You will find the Point Calculation Parameters by clicking on Setup menu.
STEP 1 - View Tab 2. Player vs Player
- Delete the "1" from the points per hole box. This is a default. Type "0" (zero).
- Click Next to advance to Tab 3.
Step 2 - View Tab 3 Team vs Team
- Note: in a team competition, we call it an aggregate competition because points are awarded at the team level based on team totals for team results.
- In this example we have chosen to award 5 points to the team with the most holes won for the match.
- Ties are divided evenly.
Step 3 - Make sure there are no other points entered on tabs 4 through 6.
Step 4 - View Tab 7 Other:
- Make sure your Type of Play radio button is set to play head to head.
- Click the Finish button to save your settings.
Step 5 - Setting the correct option in Handicap Calculation Parameters.
- Make sure you are viewing event #1.
- From the Setup menu, click Handicap Calculation Parameters
- Click the OK check mark at the lower right corner of the first page
of the Setup Wizard on the first page. This will advance you to the
screen that looks like the image below.
- As shown in the image below, make sure your radio button is set to A. Player vs Player then click the Next button,
- Click the Next button to advance to tab 2 - handicap strokes for teams.
- At Tab 2 -" Handicap Strokes for Teams" - you need to make a choice - Which way to distribute handicap strokes for teams?
- Use Team Strokes
- Use Individual Strokes
- After you make your selection, click next and finished to save your work.
Addendum: The Scorecard:
We will use two (2) scorecards to demonstrate the difference.
Using TEAM STROKES - Example 1:
- There are 4 strokes based on handicaps and they are marked in red (+) to indicate team strokes.
- Notice under the team stroke concept, 1 stroke is awarded on holes 1, 3, 5, and 7.
- The result of this is: a tie. Team 1 and 11 win 5 holes based on aggregate net team score. Therefore the 5 points are divided by 2 teams to award 2.5 per team.
Using PLAYER STROKES - Example 2
- There are 4 strokes based on handicaps and they are marked in black (+) to indicate player strokes. (See the black circles on the scorecard for placement)
- Notice under the Player strokes concept, 2 strokes are awarded on hole 1, and 1 stroke is awarded on holes 3 and 5.
- The result under this scenario is Team 11 wins the most holes based on net aggregate hole score and is awarded 5 points.