To begin, make sure you are on event #1 in your League Manager Desktop Software.
You will find the Point Calculation Parameters by clicking on Setup from the header menu.
STEP 1 - View Tab 2. Player vs Player
- Delete the "1" from the points per hole box. This is a default. Type "0" (zero).
- Click Next to advance to Tab 3.
Step 2 - View Tab 3 Team vs Team
- Note: in a team competition, we call it an aggregate competition because points are awarded based on the aggregate total of team member net scores on each hole.
- In this example we have chosen to award 1 point per hole AND 1 point to the team who wins the most holes for the match.
- Notice you will need to enter your specific league parameters in the left and right boxes circled in red.
- Ties are divided evenly.
Step 3 - Make sure there are no other points entered on tabs 4 through 6.
Step 4 - View Tab 7 Other:
- Make sure your Type of Play radio button is set to play head to head.
- Click the Finish button to save your settings.
Step 5 - Setting the correct option in Handicap Calculation Parameters.
- Make sure you are viewing event #1.
- From the header menu, click on Setup then click Handicap Calculation Parameters
- Click the OK check mark at the lower right corner of the first page
of the Setup Wizard on the first page. This will advance you to the
screen that looks like the image below.
- As shown in the image below, make sure your radio button is set to A. Player vs Player then click the Next button,
- Click the Next button again and the Finish button. This will save your settings.
At Tab 2 - " Handicap Strokes for Teams" - you need to make a choice - Which way will your league distribute handicap strokes?
- Use Team Strokes
- Use Individual Strokes
ADDENDUM Scorecard: We play in teams and award point(s) for lowest team aggregate net score on each hole AND most holes won using the lowest team aggregate net score on each hole
We will use two (2) scorecards to demonstrate the difference in results based on using team strokes or player strokes.
Using TEAM STROKES - Example 1:
- The RED
strokes (+'s) represent "Team Strokes" and are circled in red. 1 stroke (+) is given to Team 11 on handicap holes 1, 3, 5, and 7.
- The BLACK strokes (+'s) represent "Individual Strokes". While the system shows the individual strokes, it is calculating TEAM strokes.
- In this example Teams 01 and 11 tied on the lowest team aggregate net score on each hole. Both teams won 4 holes and tied on one hole earning 4.5 points each. The holes won or tied are marked in red ovals.
- In this example Teams 01 and 11 tied on the "most holes won" using lowest team aggregate net score on each hole. Both teams are awarded 0.5 points.
- Since both teams tied on lowest team aggregate net score on each hole AND most holes won using lowest team aggregate net score on each hole, both teams earn 5.0 points for the match.
Using Player Strokes - Example 2
- There are 4 strokes based on handicaps (11 - 8 = 3 and 10 - 9 = 1) and they are marked in black (+) to indicate player strokes. These strokes are circled in red as well as the accompanying handicap holes.
- Notice under the player stroke concept, strokes are awarded on holes 1, 3,and 5.
- Aggregate net hole by hole results are marked with red ovals: Team 1 earns 4.0 points. Team 11 earns 5.0 points.
- The winner of 1 point for most holes won using team aggregate net score on each hole is Team 11.
- The overall winner for the match with 6.0 points is Team 11.
Don't forget to click Finish to save your selections.