You have a domain name - i.e., mysite.com - and you want to connect it to your website hosted by GolfSoftware.com.
What you will need
- website address for your registrar (your domain name company, such as DomainsPricedRight.com or Godaddy.com)
- access to your domain account (an account number/User ID and your password)
- the IP Address to which you point your domain name
Connect domain to website
If you are unsure about these steps, call your registrar's support number.
In order to connect your domain name to your website, you will edit what is called an "A Record" of your domain to input the appropriate IP Address. Example images are shown below. Your registrar's website may look different from these screen shots.
- Go to your registrar's website and find the login or signin button/link.
- Log in to your account
- Once you are in your account, click to manage your domain name (orange arrow below)
Click on the domain name to manage it (orange arrow below)
Click on the "DNS Zone File" tab.
Click (orange arrow below) to edit the IP Address (blue arrow below).
Click to save your editing.